Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Central Arizona Project
Occupational Category: 41-9022.00,Real Estate Sales Agents
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Overview & PurposePAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP:
$17.00/HourTarget 12-week Internship Dates:
5/18/20 - 8/06/20(4-10 work schedule M-Th 6am - 4:
Work collaboratively with the CAP Land and Survey Division to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of land management.Position Responsibilities
• Assist with administering Temporary Water cases and conduct site visits of withdrawal sites.
• Assist with administering various projects for Lands Crossings through the design, construction, and as-built phases.
• Utilize Lands Department databases & GIS mapping systems to address encroachments and property management issues.
• Work with Land and Survey Division to assess current processes and identify possible areas to increase efficiency.
• At the end of the 12-week internship, prepare and deliver a presentation which includes:
• A summary of the work performed
• What was learned during the internship
• An evaluation of the experience at CAP
• Recommendations to incorporate into future intern programsKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Junior or higher level student (or recent grad) working toward a degree in Project Management, Land Management, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, or similar field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Clear oral communication skills.
• Excellent writing abilities.
• Must submit a one-page essay and transcripts (official or unofficial) with the online application.
• Must be legally authorized to work a paid internship in the United States.
geographic information system, gis analyst, gis developer, gis specialist, gis system analyst, information, instrument, property, software, survey mapping technician