Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: ALS
Occupational Category: 29-2012.00,Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Laboratory Technician
16 hours ago(11/18/2019 3:32 PM)
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Laboratory Technician 2 will be responsible for ensuring that timely and quality results are produced.
Position Duties and Scope:
• Ensure that all tasks are performed within time restraints and according to relevant quality and safety policies and procedures.
• Use results from test method(s) in calculations to further characterize the data (i.e. Calculated Cetane Index, Viscosity Index, etc.).
• Prepare and/or aliquot samples as part of a sample preparation step for all required tests. When applicable load samples on automated instrumentation that has been validated following method quality requirements.
• Perform routine daily and/or weekly verification(s) and/or calibration(s) on equipment and instrumentation following method quality requirements. Some methods will require a minimum Level 3 or 4 based on complexity and quality risk level.
• Perform analysis on samples through direct testing (i.e. wet chemistry). The minimum level required to perform some methods will vary depending on complexity of the method, safety risk level, and quality risk level.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and/or instrumentation as required by the method. The minimum level required to perform preventative maintenance on some equipment and/or instrumentation will vary depending on the complexity of the task, safety risk level and quality risk level.
• Perform calculations as required when conducting analytical preparations.
• Perform sample preparation for multiple testing requirements.
• Perform housekeeping duties as required. This includes assisting with storage and disposal of client samples.
• Monitor inventory levels for supplies and reagents required for test methods.
• Prepare and maintain standards and reagents. Some standards will require a minimum Level 2 depending on the complexity and quality risk.
• Other duties as assigned.
Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Follow all company operating procedures, standards, policies, and training to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site.
• Play an active role in the ALS safety program by correcting or reporting unsafe acts and conditions that are observed during day to day operations to create a zero-injury work environment.
• Participate in and support HSE initiatives, as required by ALS leadership.
• Understand and use HSE precautions (such as but not limited to fume hoods and PPE) while working with chemicals and samples of unknown hazard.
• Ensure the health and safety of staff, contractors, and/or visitors by providing appropriate leadership, due diligence, resources, training, and enforcement for all individuals onsite.
• Ensure business is conducted in accordance with Core Values:
ü Safety as a Priority
ü Honesty and Integrity
ü Exceeding Client Expectations
ü Belief in Our Ability
ü Hard Work and Continuous Improvement
ü Doing it Better
ü Celebrating Success
ü People Development
• Ensure Quality Systems are adhered to in performance, review, and reporting of laboratory duties and communicate all quality issues.
• Support Quality Department and Continuous Improvement Processes.
• Employees commit to improving the ALS experience through effective communication.
• High school diploma/GED is required.
• Associate degree is preferred. (Equivalent 1 years' experience)
• 5+ years of experience with instrumentation used for analysis.
• Quality assurance/control experience with ISO 17025 or other quality standards associated with laboratory protocols.
• Laboratory experience is preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Office 365.
• Must behave in accordance to ALS core values of honesty and integrity, exceeding client expectations, belief in ability, hard work and continuous improvement, doing it better, celebrating success, and safety as a priority.
• Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressure arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to use (or learn to use) Laboratory Information Management System
• Routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier loads with assistance.
• Must be able to stand, bend, push, pull, stoop and crouch up to 50% of the time while performing the duties of this position.
• Perform housekeeping duties as required.
• Must be able to work on computer while sitting for up to 8 hours per day.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Refer this job to a friend