Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Kelly Services
Occupational Category: 13-1111.00,Management Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Microbiology Technician - Food, Phoenix, AZ
Position Summary: The function of this job is to prepare samples for analytical and microbiological testing of food products, ingredients, and environmentals. The position is responsibility for application of approved microbiological techniques and methodologies used in analytical testing.
Shift/Scheudle: Monday - Friday 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm, must be flexible to work weekends
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply aseptic / microbiological techniques in daily workload.
• Independently pursue an assigned series of processes, procedures or techniques in accordance with company Methods Manual, Quality Manual, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Safety Manual and approved laboratory procedures.
• Accurately perform and read test results and notify Laboratory Manager of deviations.
• Perform all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
• Inventory and report expendable supplies/materials needed for testing requirements.
• Provide routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and trash disposal; and equipment quality control.
• Prepare and analyze samples for indicator organisms, pathogens, and chemistries according to acceptable methods.
• Maintain laboratory condition, to include equipment, supplies, quality assurance programs, and accurate records throughout all procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Microbiology preferred.
• Working knowledge of aseptic sampling technique, automated lab equipment, and acceptable methods and procedures.
• Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory.
• Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk and hear
• Lift up to 25 pounds
• Color vision and depth perception
For immediate consideration, apply today!
Questions? Call Elijah at 602.548.1774 or Email at Elijah.Bruder@kellyscientific.com
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law