Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Kelly Services
Occupational Category: 29-2012.00,Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Quality Control Technician (Dairy) - Tempe, AZ
Every day Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a laboratory technician to work with one of our top clients Phoenix, AZ who specializes in dairy products.
• Training will be on 1st shift and then will switch over to 3rd shift (9:00 pm to 5:30 AM)
The quality control technician will in be in the supply operations plant to perform QA/QC on all finished products and equipment
• Sampling, testing, plating, reading, and recording product test results
• Ensuring that daily records are well kept and maintained.
• Data entry and tracking
• Performing internal audits
• Following hold procedures for products that do not meet food safety or quality specifications
• Must possess the ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) as well as
• Must willing to work flexible hours
• Must be willing to work overtime when necessary to meet operation and business needs
• Equipment calibration and troubleshooting
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Participate in driving continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree ( Food Science, Biology, Microbiology or related science) or equivalent experience
• Implement plant sanitation programs as directed by the quality assurance management
• Evaluate trends from test results and develop plans to correct deficiencies and communicate these plans to employees and management.
• Implement quality control processes/testing to meet the expectations of Safeway quality standards and ensure that the product(s) are within specification.
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
• Extremely attentive to detail
• Can work alone as well as with a team
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Utilize laboratory supplies/items relating to plant sanitation/safety.
• Good oral/written communication skills
• Able to multi-task in fast paced environment with limited supervision
• Proficient in window based PC programs
• Knowledge of HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, & Good Sanitation Practices
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Need good time management skills to balance everyday workload with additional assignments/projects
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks including:
• Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
• Career guides, information, and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
• Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
• Weekly pay and service bonus plans
• Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Apply Today! Questions? Call Kevin at 602.548.1774 or email at email@example.com
• Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law