Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Kiewit Corporation
Occupational Category: 17-2071.00,Electrical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Requisition ID: 86799
Kiewit's Lenexa office is currently seeking Electrical Engineers with experience in Renewable, Battery Energy Storage and Distributed Energy technologies for the Engineering Services (ES) business line. ES engineers in this position are typically responsible for supporting renewable and alternative energy proposals, running design and performance software for solar, microgid and energy storage designs, and performing renewable energy related project electrical engineering roles for power markets served by Kiewit. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in one or more performance and design software tools and real world project design engineering/construction experience with a combination of solar, alternative energy & microgrid related technologies, and energy storage systems. The primary initial focus is on utility scale Solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Kiewit is looking for a committed, energized and highly motivated individual who has a passion for achieving excellence. The Engineering Services Renewables Electrical Engineer is responsible for, but not limited, to the following responsibilities as related to electrical engineering design:
• Establish and maintain on-going internal and external client relationships within the renewable/alternative energy industry.
• Follow proposal and project execution plans including deliverables lists, schedule, budget, and manpower projections required to successfully execute the proposal or project.
• Utilize design and performance modeling tools such as Helioscope, PVSyst and HOMER Pro to support proposals, owners engineer roles and Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) project engineering roles.
• Develop electrical designs for solar, energy storage systems (battery, flywheel, electrolysis, and hydrogen storage, ultra-capacitors, etc.), and microgrid related technologies such as natural gas recip engines, small wind turbines, fuel cells, microturbines, distributed control and monitoring systems, etc.
• Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up. Proposal Development-Assist with the development of proposal documents and engineering estimate.
• Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
• Maintain a strong network of industry related individuals for the purpose of expanding Kiewit's services and opportunities.
• Ensure Quality Control of services and deliverables is followed, in accordance with the Kiewit Company Quality Plan.
• Follow proper Scope Management so that the scope of services required by Contract is provided and that out-of-scope work is properly compensated.
• Communicate proposal and project status to Proposal, Procurement, and Engineering Services Leadership as required.
The ideal candidate for the Engineering Services Renewables Electrical Engineer will possess the following qualities:
• A minimum of 7 years proven electrical engineering design experience in renewables and power generation.
• Strong project team orientation and networking skills
• High degree of self-motivation
• Motivated by competition, yet a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexibility to work in other Power, Water, or Power Delivery business lines, if required
• Utilize design and performance modeling tools such as ETAP, CDEGS, HOMER Pro, Helioscope and PVsyst to support proposals and projects.
• Must be able to communicate effectively through electronic systems.
• Must have a high level of experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field (i.e., electrical engineering)
• PE license preferred, or strong willingness to pursue
May occasionally travel to project sites to perform inspections, field measurements and assist construction personnel in reviewing vendor and Kiewit designs. Travel may be required to review vendor equipment and fabrication processes.
As one of North Americas largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the œTop 400 Contractors according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law