Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Carrier
Occupational Category: 17-2199.03,Energy Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Date Posted: 2020-01-04-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAA23: NOR Phoenix 2198 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ, 85016 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Energy Engineer in Phoenix, AZ.
As a Senior Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for developing projects from initial assessment and competitive proposal stage through the detailed energy audit and into final design and construction. This role requires interaction and management of members of the sales, engineering and construction teams. This role will also include participation in the performance of on site detailed audits, energy savings calculations and scope of work development. A strong candidate for this position will:
• Perform energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 through investment grade) for clients in the municipal/county government, education, correctional, commercial, industrial, lab, pharmaceutical, and healthcare sectors.
• Perform feasibility studies of building system retrofits including HVAC systems, lighting systems, building envelope, boilers and steam systems, chilled water plants and pumping systems, compressed air systems, electrical systems, cogeneration plants, and building controls / energy management systems.
• Conduct feasibility studies of renewable energy technologies including photovoltaic systems, battery storage systems, wind turbines, micro-cogeneration systems (fuel cells and microturbines), conventional cogeneration systems (reciprocating engine and gas turbine), geothermal heat pump retrofits, biomass systems, thermal storage systems, air-to-air energy recovery systems, condensing flue gas heat exchangers, and backpressure turbines.
• Perform calculations of annual energy/cost savings and greenhouse gas reductions for identified energy projects. Develop budget quality project cost estimates. Perform life cycle cost analysis.
• Understand financial analysis associated with utility tariffs and future energy and operational costs.
• Familiar with all phases of project development including conceptual and detailed design, construction phase, commissioning and warranty.
• Coordinate and lead meetings with owner, operating staff, design and construction personnel to understand the project goals.
• Review design documents, equipment submittals, O&M manuals, and supporting document to validate contracted scope of work.
• Manage and perform site visits to coordinate survey, contractor visits, installation coordination, post-construction inspections, and measurement and verification.
• Prepare technical reports and presentations. Present findings of audits / studies to client.
• Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings.
• Manage project budgets according to prescribed financial metrics.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under aggressive deadlines.
• Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed.
• Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases.
• Respond to customer inquiries and internet requests for information and proposals.
• Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
• Attend local business and association meetings to create and enhance relationships.
• Assist with technical presentations demonstrating how a service meets client needs and persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
• 5+ years’ experience in energy efficiency engineering field including performance of on-site surveys, identifying energy efficiency opportunities, utility bill analysis and energy savings calculations.
• Possess a working knowledge of knowledge of energy modeling software desirable (such as DOE2, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, eQuest).
• Experience performing ASHRAE Level I, II and III level audits of facilities and energy consuming systems.
• Must be proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint and have a working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, and AutoCAD.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
• PE License preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A combined work experience in facility management and construction may be substituted for bachelors of engineering degree.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms