Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: DLR Group
Occupational Category: 17-2199.03,Energy Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Senior Renewable Energy Engineer.
The Senior Renewable Energy Engineer will be responsible for leading the design of solar energy projects including: engineer of record responsibilities, schedule, budget, quality of work product, and communicating with clients with respect to the technical details of the design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
• Open to any location where DLR Group has an established office in the continental United States.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead the design of solar energy projects.
• Manage project execution and client expectations to adhere to budget, schedule, and scope.
• Develop communicate and update project plans including information such as project objectives, technical specifications, schedules, and staffing.
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
• Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel, vendors and consultants.
• Provide technical feedback in the conceptual development of project documents.
• Ensures project information is incorporated into project documents.
• Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
• Supervise the application of project and practice standards.
• Provide training and mentorship to younger staff and emerging engineers.
• Perform the code review for more complex applications.
• Perform a QA/QC review of the project deliverables.
• Work with Global Energy Services Sector Leader in developing the scope and fee for services.
• Support business development initiatives by participating in the RFP process and interview process.
• Required Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Professional Licensure.
• 10+ years of professional experience working the built environment or power generating field.
• 5+ years designing utility scale photovoltaic systems.
• Must have a comprehensive understanding of codes, strong technical knowledge, and the ability to technically support the design disciplines in developing technical solutions.
• Must be a strong communicator, collaborative, detail oriented, and organized.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V