Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Occupational Category: 33-3021.03,Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
As an FBI Special Agent with expertise in cybersecurity, you’ll have a career like no other. Your technology background provides skill sets in areas the FBI needs most. To keep pace with evolving threats, we need Special Agents who are logical thinkers and experienced in network, information and cybersecurity, computer science, digital forensics and incident response among other technical specialty areas. And as a Special Agent, you will be integrated into all of the different areas in which we work.
Whether you work in counterterrorism, criminal investigations or thwarting cyberattacks, investigating computer-based crimes (website hacks, intrusions, data theft, ransomware, etc.) make up some of our top priorities. You will work on highly collaborative investigative teams to thwart counterintelligence plots, fraud, bank robberies and more. Candidates must work well in high-speed, dynamic and sophisticated environments and have excellent communication skills.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• BA/BS degree (preferably in computer science, engineering, data science, information technology or similar disciplines).
• A deep understanding of the deployment, administration and support of information and computing infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated technical expertise.
• Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
• Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgements.
• Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
• The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it’s an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a critical mission and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
• Have a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
• Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
• Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
• Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
• Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
• Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
• Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
• Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
• Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
The Special Agent Selection System (SASS) is a mentally and physically challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The selection process typically takes one year or more to complete