Location: Pittsburgh PA
Company Name: Gridwise
Occupational Category: 15-1132.00,Software Developers, Applications
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Gridwise is one of the fastest growing startups in Pittsburgh. We?ve developed a mobile platform that empowers tens of thousands of rideshare drivers across 32 cities and counting, while also improving the way people move about in cities. We pride ourselves on building a fun, diverse, innovative, transparent, and flexible workplace, with a focus on creating an environment for personal career growth and learning.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Mobile Software Engineer who enjoys having autonomy, seeing their work directly impact the lives of others, and is as ambitious as we are in capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity in the mobility industry.
• Help develop and maintain our flagship React Native application for the iOS and Android platforms
• Make sound software design decisions in the app based on best practices and design patterns
• Take on side R&D projects to develop new technology core to our product and business
• Help define internal development practices and standards as we scale the organization
• Be exposed to all facets of the business and have a major impact on our success and cultureExperience/Skills/Traits:
• Extensive experience developing web or mobile applications in React/Redux and proficient in JS (ES6)
• Solid grasp of native iOS and Android application lifecycles, fundamentals, build systems, etc.
• Well-versed in modern engineering practices and philosophies- version control (git), agile, test-driven development, build automation, etc.
• Experience working on production applications with lots of users
• Passionate about entrepreneurship and the mobility industryExceptional Candidates may also have:
• Experience in either Android and iOS native app development
• Comfort bridging between hybrid and native frameworks and programming languages
• Prior experience building out and supporting an in-house mobile products at scale
• Prior startup experienceThis full-time position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work is not an option at this time.
Why work at Gridwise?
• Build a platform that empowers an entire workforce
• Improve how people move in cities
• Directly impact the future of our company and the mobility industryCompany Benefits
• Competitive salary & stock options
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Flexible hours and remote work
• Unlimited vacation (two weeks minimum)
• Rideshare credits & free parking
• Choice between Apple or Windows equipment
• Company-sponsored employee talks & conferences
• Happy hours and company outings
• Great location in the Strip District!If you?re interested in empowering rideshare drivers and feel that you?d be a great fit for our team, apply today and tell us why