Location: Plano TX
Company Name: Bank of America
Occupational Category: 11-3031.02,Financial Managers, Branch or Department
Date Posted: 2020-02-17
Valid Through: 2020-03-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
A Bank of America Investigator will conduct routine to complex investigations in diversified operations within the bank or investigations that generate information relative to current and/or prospective customers. An Investigator may participate in, or lead investigative related task forces and/or special projects that represent significant loss exposure and/or are highly visible. May provide consultation and guidance to line and senior management on investigative related issues, including risk. May identify significant issues and control weaknesses, and make recommendations to line management to minimize exposure or loss. The Investigator may formulate and recommend action response to allegations, file crime reports and testify in criminal and civil court proceedings. Will prepare reports for covering investigative details, results and recommendations. Will analyze, evaluate, and interpret information gathered from numerous databases and third party sources and identify "red flags" that prompt further inquiry.
Internal Enterprise Investigations team is part of the Legal Division. The primary focus of our team is conducting investigations into potential insider abuse or fraud with regulatory reporting responsibilities and engagement with law enforcement and internal business partners. Our business partners include Global Financial Crimes Compliance, Audit, Detection and Monitoring Teams, Human Resources and Risk Partners across the company. Key priorities for the team to conduct thorough, prompt investigations, meet regulatory compliance filings, escalate appropriately, and provide concise, detailed, and factual information to partners to make important employee, operations and compliance decisions.
• Responsible for the investigation of internal employee fraud, misconduct, and abuse (includes vendor/contractor).
• Ensures thorough, timely investigations with consistent application of INTERNAL ENTERPRISE INVESTIGATION (IEI) practices.
• Ensures significant investigative issues and/or trends are identified, escalated and acted upon through investigation reports and other IEI escalation paths.
• Proficient knowledge of regulatory, reputational, operational, and legal risks encountered in course of investigations.
• Proficient knowledge of bank systems/technology used in the course of investigations, as well as the enterprise, businesses, products, core corporate functions and bank policies.
• Maintains relationships with key business partners, and ensures proper internal parties are engaged on investigations in accordance with IEI practices.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, and provides consultation and guidance on investigative related issues to influence partners and outcomes.
• Documents cases appropriately and may file crime reports and testify in both civil and criminal court matters.
• Responsible for identifying suspicious activity in case investigations and making appropriate filings/notifications.
• Partners with Sr. Internal Investigators and Internal Enterprise Investigation Managers on cases as appropriate.
Must possess the following skills to be minimally qualified:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal.
• Ability to communicate with all management levels as well as regulators.
• Capacity for prioritizing work, effective time management, initiative, and thoroughness.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite and other software.
• Knowledge of Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) requirements.
This position is posted as an Internal Investigator, but is flexible to be filled as a higher level position- Sr. Internal Investigator if the posted qualifications are met by a strong applicant.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: 40