Location: Plano TX
Company Name: Samsung Electronics America
Occupational Category: 25-9031.01,Instructional Designers and Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the Retail Learning COE team, this role will be in our content organization, focused on working cross functionally to build learning experiences for SEA. Detailed Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
• Work with stakeholders to determine content development needs and solutions
• Develop, write, and coordinate learning sources and materials working with subject matter experts for specific details.
• Function as a Project or Program Manager as needed to see learning efforts to implementation.
• Become a curator of learning sources to support broad employee and talent pools.
• Partner with other account teams leads to develop product and services training for the portfolio of Samsung Mobile and Mobile Computing space
• Partner with facilitators ensure implementation of programs.
• Ability to manage and provide reporting across the training organization
• Understanding of technology solutions and operations from a learning perspective
We are looking for:
• Creative : Experience Design and ability to create simulated learning in addition to other modalities.
• Collaborative: Ability to work closely with SMEs, gain business acumen, and understand what is needed to drive success in a timely manner.
• Adaptable: ability to switch gears due to the demand of the business in order to meet new deadlines.
• Thorough: ability to condense content in a concise and understandable format for audience.
Skills and Qualifications
The candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Background in retail, mobile or other product based OEM’s a plus. The ideal candidate brings superior executional ability to drive out content and material with accuracy in a timely fashion to impact our retail partnership. This role is based in Plano, TX, travel approximately 25%.
• Bachelor's Degree with 6 – 10 years of directly related experience is required;
• Prior experience will include developing and planning employee training programs. Line of sight to Go to Market and product training is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with individuals, groups, and other organizational units to carry out the goals of a training function.
• A strong team orientation and a dedication to the success of the team's objectives. Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Instructional design experience supporting retail/sales, including e-learning and rapid design principles; or combined work experience and education. Must have experience developing materials that build knowledge and skill.
• Exposure and ability to speak to adult learning principles (Bloom’s Taxonomy, Experiential development & facilitation)
• Understand models of design (ADDIE, SAM); virtual facilitation tools (Adobe Connect 9, Webex); content management systems; and learning management systems
• Experience with e-Learning authoring tools such as Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
• Expert proficiency with Articulate Storyline, Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Design Premium, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Experience in Captivate, Camtasia, Flash, HTML5, Adobe Acrobat X Pro
• Demonstrated ability to build graphics and rapid video development is also a plus.
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and emerging learning technology.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
Ability to work cooperatively and build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership locally and globally; sharing ideas and developing effective business processes in support of the company mission. Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships. Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills in local market language. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines in a collaborative and matrixed environment.
Physical/ Mental Demands:
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Alerts : If you would like to be notified of new opportunities when they are posted, please click here at https://sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Samsung_Careers/jobAlerts . You will be asked to create an account first if you do not already have one.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/