Location: Pleasanton CA
Company Name: Bank of America
Occupational Category: 13-1041.00,Compliance Officers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Sr Lending Officer -Pleasanton, CA
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive –people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, senior lending officers (Sr. LOs) have access to industry leading products and services, award winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. Sr. LOs continually identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. They also partner closely with financial center employees as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care.
The Sr. LO is responsible for originating retail mortgage loans and other lending products – through uncovering client needs and matching them to our lending solutions. Contact with clients may be either by telephone or in-person. The Sr. LO proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Bank of America lending products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking clients and small business owners alike. You’ll also tap into a range of experts, from small business bankers to financial solutions advisors.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conform to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a senior lending officer, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Building a quality external network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate professionals, builders, and professional and personal contacts.
• Expanding your reach further through participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Has 2+ years of experience in a loan origination role with a focus on generating self-sourced business through a verifiable, established network of referral sources.
• Understands how to manage pipeline effectively.
• Has a strong knowledge of loan products (conventional, jumbo and government).
• Has the ability to analyze income and assets properly in order to qualify clients for specific loan products.
• Understands processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures.
• Has a working knowledge of federal regulations governing real estate lending
• Can work independently.
• Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Is self-motivated and highly organized.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles, communication methods and approaches to gain clients.
• Understands the connection of the level of service provided being directly correlated to driving sales volume.
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications and previous experience using laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
• Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
• An ability to take ownership and accountability and can demonstrate integrity.
• Adaptability and can demonstrate flexibility.
• A positive attitude.
• Effective communication styles.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE