Location: Portland OR
Company Name: Tosoh Quartz
Occupational Category: 39-9021.00,Personal Care Aides
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
This application is meant to be for the JOB FAIR on February 15, 2020.
If you are filling out this application, you will need to be present at 14250 NW Science Park Drive BLDG 3 Portland, OR 97229 between 10am to 1pm, no later than 1pm to complete the hiring process you would need at least 90 minutes.This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.SCHEDULE:
Days for training and then schedule may be days or swing shift.GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Manufacture quartz components utilizing machine tools, hand tools and other equipment.
Produce and inspect machining operations and finished products against specified tolerances using precision measuring tools.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up and operate production machines and equipment including CNC, saws, core drills, lapping and polishing machines and grinders.
Also works with hand tools.
• Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
• Produce and detail various-sized quartz (glass) parts to conform to specifications.
• Work in accordance to process procedures, work order instructions, drawings and other production documents.
• Verify part or process conformance to specification calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production with approved inspection tools, such as callipers, micrometers, height gages, pin gages and comparators.
• Perform detail work, which may include waxing, dewaxing, chamfering, acid wash or other cleaning, cosmetic inspection of parts and other similar functions.
• Assists with troubleshooting problems with equipment, devices or products.
• Maintain equipment.
Detect and correct minor machine malfunctions and perform daily and monthly machine maintenance as directed.
• Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area.
• Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
• Set up, operate and perform routine maintenance.
• Start up and shut down processing equipment.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes and equipment recommended.
• Must be flexible regarding shift availability.
• Ability to lift 50lbs with or without an accommodation.Tosoh Quartz, Inc.
offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% match (employees are immediately vested at 100%)
• Company paid:
Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Generous Wellness Reimbursement, up to $500/year
• Employee Education/Tuition Reimbursement
• Dependent Education Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts & Perks Program
• Columbia Sportswear Employee store access
• Tuition reimbursement depends on program and relevancy to career goals and individual development plan.
Must be employed for 6 months before eligible.This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
automated, automatic, cad, cnc machine, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, computer numeric control, fabrication, machine operator