Location: Portland OR
Company Name: Arnprior Aerospace
Occupational Category: 11-9041.00,Architectural and Engineering Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Manufacturing Engineering Manager We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team in our Portland, OR 97230 location.
Who We Are:
Arnprior Aerospace is an independent, privately owned company with manufacturing sites in Ontario & Quebec, Canada; Chihuahua, Mexico and Portland, Oregon.
Arnprior Aerospace provides mechanical structures used for multiple applications to aerospace and defense markets.
An experienced team of skilled employees delivers designs, structures, and components to demanding customer specifications and delivery schedules.
To learn more about us, please visit us at  About the Role:
A hands-on leader with a proven track record of defining, leading, teaching, and collaborating on appropriate manufacturing processes and techniques to ensure continuous production of products is consistent with established standards, competitive benchmarks, most cost-effective methods and highest customer satisfaction while ensuring the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively.
What youll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned by management.
• Experience with basic and complex principles of CNC machining and production environment.
• Experience with appropriate software tools used for programming and manufacturing process definition of various types of machined parts.
• Adept at choosing and teaching appropriate methods and techniques for setup and machining processes.
• Adept at selecting or guiding the selection of appropriate production processes for purpose of planning and estimating new work packages.
Including estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records, expenditures and progress reports, and staff meetings, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
• Able to interpret specifications and regulations for the business and define appropriate practices in the engineering functions.
• Strong ability to read, establish and interpret specifications, including GD&T nomenclature, material composition, and other standard aerospace requirements
• Working knowledge of company's ERP as well as other business and IT tools.
Capable of contributing to its architecture to quantify effective metrics and tracking mechanisms.
• Sets performance standards for team and establishes processes for monitoring, maintaining, and improving performance.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow; designs layout of equipment and work-space for maximum efficiency.
• Must have a proven track record as a leader, coach and mentor.
Must possess the ability to garner trust when working with peers, subordinates, executive management, external customers, and suppliers.
Must be decisive in difficult circumstances.
• Capable of defining a New Product Introduction process or any other technical initiatives for the business.
• Works broadly with customers to assess and meet their standards and expectations.
• Deals effectively with personnel performance issues under pressure to satisfactorily and permanently resolve the situation.
• Works effectively on cross functional teams to define appropriate preproduction and production processes pertaining to new product introduction.
• Is capable of all aspects of running an effective team, including but not limited to project planning, effective team meetings, effective documentation, and training.
• Known for driving swift, effective action and getting results that persist.
Creates processes and systems that are sustainable and effective.
• Acts with high ethical standards and integrity in all environments safeguarding the quality needs of both the end user and the customer always.
• Is considered a mature professional who represents the organization effectively to our customers and is well recognized for their professional capability.
• Can contribute meaningfully to the company's strategy, operating plan, budget, as well as various initiatives.
• Is adept at all aspects of change management so that internal improvement processes result in stable effective migration of performance while meeting daily business needs.
• Lead new bid opportunities driven by corporate business development team.
• Excellent written (including email) and oral communication skills.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company as well as externally.
• Capable of presenting data, methods, findings, and remediation effectively across broad audiences both internally and externally.
• Capable of teaching and training effectively on the shop floor as well as among the engineering and estimating team.
• Recognized as an active listener and arbitrator.
• Capable of building an effective engineering and estimating organization which meets the needs of the business with the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, responsiveness, and technical prowess.
• Effectively evaluates departments performance and provides coaching and mentoring to set performance standards, assess performance capability, and prescribe remediation (including coaching, learning assignments, and training opportunities).
• Capable of interviewing, hiring, disciplining and terminating according to the implemented policies in a fair and defensible professional manner.
• Motivates their team to define and meet performance expectations and, while collaborating effectively across functionally boundaries.
Our Perfect Candidate Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.
S.) from four-year college or university
• Over 5 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experienced with ERP
• Experienced with CNC machining and production environment including GD&T
• Required Abilities and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
• You are highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Flexibility to work in a changing environment
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Company Offers:
• Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
• Comprehensive benefits package available:
(healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances, short & long-term disability, 401k company match, paid vacation, sick days and holidays) To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, and resume via the Apply Now button! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! References Visible links 1.
business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain