Location: Portland OR
Company Name: Acuity Insurance
Occupational Category: 11-2022.00,Sales Managers
Date Posted: 2020-03-16
Valid Through: 2020-04-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Acuity is seeking a Territory Director to manage the profitability and production of Acuity standard insurance products in the Portland, Oregon area. The Territory Director professionally promotes and ensures that agents understand Acuity's products, programs, and services better than any other carrier; and, understands present market conditions and competitiveness of other carriers and agencies in this geographic area.
• Construct detailed Sales outline for assigned territory, as well as, develop a comprehensive Sales Plan for independent agencies, with specific emphasis on production and profitability and be able to communicate areas of emphasis/improvement to agency principals, managers, agents, and producers to maximize effectiveness of Acuity products.
• Present Continuing Education seminars ranging from topics such as Additional Insureds, Claims, Commercial Lines, Contractors, Manufacturing, Personal Lines, Trucking and Acuity U videos.
• Present for appointment those agencies who have ability to produce profitable volume and fit the profile of professional Acuity agents; in addition, continually review agencies for improvement or potential termination due to volume, unprofitable production, or lack of sustained viability of the Acuity contract.
• Identify and train new agents/CSR's on Acuity products and services.
• Coordinate agency events for CSR or Agency Reward Luncheons, and general Agent Appreciation Events.
• Oversee and coordinate 'Breakfast Club' meetings for Acuity field personnel.
• Actively be involved in face-to-face opportunities with policyholders or prospects. Also, represent Acuity Sales at potential agent conventions or business segment conventions/conferences.
• Seek Personal Lines and Commercial Lines book roll opportunities with assigned agency force.
• Complete a comprehensive Sales Report twice a year for internal and external Acuity personnel.
• Study competitiveness of carriers and affiliated agencies in each city, county, and state to determine adequate market share.
• Identify programs and obtain product information from other carriers, as needed, to determine competitive advantages and disadvantages of Acuity.
• Personally handle and communicate problems that may be presented by the agency with various departments at the Home Office.
• Attend the annual Underwriting & Sales Workships and regularly scheduled conference calls along with other training webinars.
• Handle Accounting issues, if required, on a monthly basis to verify past due balances and determine appropriate action to be taken.
• Coordinate Underwriter agency visists to better improve efficiency and relationship between the agency and Underwriting.
• Prepare, in advance, weekly itinerary for agency visits to address production, loss ratio, submission quality and activity, and any other general agency issues or concerns.
• Actively pursue any insurance-related designations that might further enhance your ability to perform in the Territory Director capacity, including, but not limited to: CIC, CPCU, CRM, AU, etc.
• Working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel recommended.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university
Five years of insurance, of which three years were served in the field and/or served in a Personal Lines or Commercial Lines Underwriting capacity
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable in wide range of Property/Casualty products
• Willing to travel and capable of working long hours; as needed (including possible extended overnight stays)
• Strong working background of Independent Agent System
This position is classified as exempt