Location: Raleigh NC
Company Name: UCB
Occupational Category: 43-6014.00,Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Patient Value Team, based in our RTP Office in Raleigh, NC, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Administrative Assistant.
As an Administrative Assistant you will support a department head and team of approximately 20 professionals and be an "out of the box" thinker who will challenge the status quo for the greater good of our patients
You like to work in an environment where you can:
• Arrange conferences and meetings as needed. Coordinate office space, equipment needs, catering, logistics and meeting rooms as needed.
• Support calendars and schedules. If requested, make independent decisions regarding attendance/conflicting meeting requests, etc.
• Arrange domestic and international travel reservations (including full itineraries), process visa applications and prepare expense reports.
• Support onboarding and offboarding process for employees in your department.
• Acts as liaison between management/staff, and between external/internal contacts.
• Serve as a resource for administrative aspects of budget- and/or forecast-related information; process contracts and create purchase orders, support review and approval process for invoices.
• Create internal and external presentations, letters, emails, etc.; be familiar with processes associated with external communication.
• Prepare team meeting agendas and meeting minutes and follow up on agreed actions. Maintain recurring team meeting schedules.
• Maintain organizational charts and email distribution lists.
• Order and dispense department and individual employee office supplies.
• Operate office equipment such as printers, copiers, and Skype systems; use computer for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications including SharePoint, Rightfind, and other internal communications.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting a minimum of 5 employees preferably in the pharmaceutical or other health-care related industry.
• Experience with international colleagues, coordination, and travel.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to provide quality work within agreed timelines with strong attention to accuracy and detail.
• Ability to work effectively within an international team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Familiarity with pharmaceutical business, medical terminology and financial/business terminology a plus.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Adobe; proficiency with Online Travel and Expense Reporting systems.
• Knowledge/understanding to operate office equipment proficiently (e.g. printer, copier, scanner, conferencing equipment, etc.).
• Ability to successfully operate in matrix environments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website .
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity