Location: Reno NV
Company Name: Oracle
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role: North America Business Development Lead, Oracle for Startups
Location: Any Oracle office in a vibrant startup community, such as Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Raleigh or Los Angeles.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the world s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech talent within the VC and startup community.
Have you heard about Oracle for Startups? Oracle delivers a unique acceleration program that enables mutually beneficial business-building partnerships for startups, our customers, and Oracle. It starts with free cloud and expands to a rich collaboration with opportunities to engage with Oracle s vast network of mentors, product experts, and customers. Together we're creating a virtuous cycle of innovation. We're seeking someone to drive awareness and adoption of Oracle cloud technologies within the NA startup and VC community.
• Develop relationships with the startup ecosystem including prominent startup companies of all sectors, venture capital funds, accelerators, incubators, angel investors and corporate venture funds and accelerators.
• Monitor the cloud consumption of each startup in program and engage with noteworthy startups with high consumption.
• Advocate for Oracle Cloud within the startup community, drive awareness and adoption.
• Make recommendations regarding strategic partnership opportunities.
• Report all interactions with enrolled startups in NetSuite and monitor their progress throughout the program.
• Serve as point-of-contact for startups enrolled in the Oracle for Startups program.
• Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.Stakeholder Management/Partnerships:
• Develop partnerships with local accelerators, incubators, VCs, angels, investment community and ecosystem evangelists to recruit the most promising startups.
• Build relationships with startups and all stakeholders surrounding the ecosystem, understanding their business and technical challenges and helping them throughout their journey.
• Understand basic cloud architecture and how startups can benefit from Oracle cloud technology and services. Be aware of the entrepreneur s journey to success (from idea creation, to validation, to funding and up until scaling up) and provide guidance and connections with mentors for specific topics.
• Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of technical and business skills in areas of specialization. Expect to contribute individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
• Partner with Oracle internal teams to connect qualified startups with opportunities such as mentoring, business opportunities, partnership opportunities, event exposure, technical development.Ecosystem Development, Communications and PR:
• Work closely with the Director of Communications and PR on communications and PR efforts.
• Attend local meet-ups, events, and industry focused initiatives to drive a culture of thought leadership.You are:
• An entrepreneurial driven individual with a demonstrable track record in the startup and/or venture capital community.
• Someone who lives and breathes technology and understands changing trends of industries or technology areas, especially the benefits of Oracle cloud.
• Able to think big and execute in detail managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Someone who understand the benefits of cloud computing and are interested into emerging technologies (its use and the services behind them)Desirable
• An existing network of tech startup mentors and VCs.
• You will have been involved or run a startup of your own, or worked for a VC firm, startup or started your own company.
• Experience working with corporate companies within innovation teams.
• Passion to join a new team in with a well-established software giant and have a significant impact from day one.
• Preferred Qualifications**:*
• At least 5 years of experience in one of the following fields: business development and/or venture capital.
• BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
• Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Possesses an existing network of tech startup mentors and VCs.
• Involvement in/or running a startup of your own or have worked for a VC firm.
• Experience working within innovation teams.
• PASSION to join a software leader/innovator and have an immediate impact.Job: **Product Development*
Title: NA Business Development Lead, Oracle for Startups
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 19001DNX