Location: Reno NV
Company Name: Oracle
Occupational Category: 15-1132.00,Software Developers, Applications
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• StartFragment->/The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges. /
/We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications. /
• Position**: Software Developer 2 (Join-OCI) *
• Locations**: Manchester NH, Nashua NH, Remote/Flex*
• Reports to**: Manager of Engineering*Position Summary:
This individual will be a member of OCI s (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) engineering organization building Oracle Health Checks, the Cloud Monitoring solution, operating a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. The ideal candidate will be highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual should be proficient at operating in a SaaS, Cloud or Hybrid cloud environment.
As an engineer, this individual should have the ability to understand complex problems and strike a good balance between business goals and technical implementations. This is a collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities. On a given day this position offers opportunities to develop new features, troubleshoot production, design and implement runtime monitoring, testing, auditing or metrics gathering.
• Assist in the design, development and ongoing improvement of existing and new systems and architecture
• Production runtime operations, monitoring and improvements of Integrated Services
• Implement and support OCI services and systems, including tooling and automation
• Perform troubleshooting and coordinate problem resolution activities with engineering and support teams
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer service teams
• Manage CI and CD tools within team and collaborate within larger automation organizationQualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section.
• At least 3 years of operations engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
• At least 3 years experience with Linux operating systems.
• Experience with containers and supporting orchestration systems. Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with coding in Java, Python, and or Go.
• Experience with configuration management systems, such as Chef, Ansible
• Experience with cloud orchestration tools, such as Terraform
• General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups.
• Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.Desirable Experience:
• Experience implementing cloud solutions
• Experience with Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket
• Experience with Database as a Service
• Worked with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with the Agile SDLC
• Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, TLS and HTTP
• Knowledge of DevOps
• Strong sense for API design. Experience with Swagger / OpenAPI
• Understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Comfortable working on a distributed team-EndFragment->
Job: **Product Development*
Title: Software Developer 2 (Join-OCI)
Location: NH,New Hamp-Manchester
Requisition ID: 190012YP
Other Locations: United States