Location: Reno NV
Company Name: Oracle
Occupational Category: 15-1132.00,Software Developers, Applications
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you passionate about enabling developers to do more every day? Do you find yourself making your own tools to get things done faster? Would you enjoy working on a platform that is fundamental to the way how services are built on a hyper scale, multi-tenant cloud platform? Do you like solving complex problems and making hard operational tasks easy?
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications.
This job will require you to:
• Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement.
• Work on every layer of the full system stack, from API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers.
• Interface closely with customers, teams across Oracle, to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
This is a highly diverse role that requires one to have a strong software development/automation background. We are seeking candidates with deep background in DevOps, Systems programming, QA Automation or Full Stack Web development.
• 6 years of experience in software development
• 3 years of experience in developing large scale distributed services / applications
• Proficiency with Java and/or Python, and Object Oriented (OOA/P) programming
• Deep experience across software development lifecycle.
• Experience with DevOps, Systems programming, automation, full stack web development.
• Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps processes.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools. This could include monitoring tools, build tools, deployment tools, continuous delivery (CI/CD), team productivity tools (project / collaboration), integrated development environments (IDEs), or software development kits (SDKs).
• Knowledge and experience with web-scale services and distributed systems
• Deep understanding of cloud design patterns. Experience building solutions on the cloud.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Sr Principal Software Engineer – Service Owner Tools
Requisition ID: 19001HHP
Other Locations: United States