Location: Richmond VA
Company Name: University of Richmond
Occupational Category: 15-1151.00,Computer User Support Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Provides complex technical information systems and technology support to the university community. Resolves complex technical problems and provides functional direction to student employees. Provides support for mobile devices used by faculty, staff, and students. Supports is.richmond.edu web design and ongoing maintenance as needed. Provides field services as required, and covers for call center as needed. Covers weekend on call responsibilities, and also rotates primary duty with other Technical Support Consultants.
• Oversight of responsibilities associated with the management of the Help Desk walk up area. Analyze computer problems; gather customer specific needs and process both for quick resolution. Manage Student Staff, calendar, payroll, reviews and budget.
• Configuration of University owned mobile devices on JSS system.
• Assist walk in users with questions related to the use of mobile devices.
• Create Help Desk Call Tickets for walk in traffic and Help Desk emails. Ensure service requests are routed to the proper HD technicians, or other areas of Information Services.
• Handle Help Desk Loaner Laptop Reservations.
• Workflow management; Committee assignments as assigned.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Microsoft Software Suite previous experience.
• JAMF JSS management tool experience
• Droid, iOS and Windows phone OS support experience
• Experience supporting users of Google Docs, Box, and cloud based services
• Scheduling, managing budgets and some supervisory experience
• Windows and Mac platforms, hardware repairs
• Windows and Mac Operating System previous experience.
• Work directly, face to face, with customer
• Ability to analyze complex computer problems
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills.
Education & Experience
• Previous technical support role with computer help desk preferred
• Customer Service related experience preferred
• High School Diploma required.
• Some College and/or professional technology training desired.
• Two full-time, non-exempt positions available
• Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. OR 10:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; must be flexible to work evening and weekends as needed. Rotating pager duty (Sat./Sun. 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.24 to $24.17 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond () blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE