Location: Roseville CA
Company Name: PPG
Occupational Category: 41-4012.00,Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Stadiums that bring communities and fans together. Facilities that provide our cities food, energy, and fuel. PPG Protective and Marine Coatings are everywhere around you. To protect and extend the life of their most valued assets,companies and organizations around the world depend on PPG Protective and Marine Coatings to keep our communities thriving!
As our National Account Manager for our Western and Gulf Markets, you ll help us grow our sales by driving demand for PPG products with major accounts in industries such as Civil infrastructure, Offshore, Petrochemical, Power, Marine new-build, dry dock and sea stock. We are looking for a seasoned sales leader that is high-energy, highly-creative, strategic thinker who is well versed in the market and customer perspective, and on developing strategic sales business plans that drive profitable and sustainable growth. You ll work as a partner with your Accounts, evaluating ongoing needs and consulting on our product technologies in a way that makes our Value Proposition clear to your client. If you are motivated by the challenge of building and maintaining key strategic national account relationships, you ll find the opportunity to take your career exciting places at PPG.
Responsibilities also include:
• Ensuring specification placement at the appropriate level in all assigned National Accounts
• Ensuring the proper management and communication of Global Project work to the appropriate person within any of the PPG business units
• Communicating effectively at all levels of customer organizations, including top executives
• Generating new business and ensure continuing sales growth by keeping abreast of newer products, techniques, and competitive trends
• Actively participating in industry functions that develop and strengthen skills necessary to support the Engineering / Specification client in their respective segments within the US and Canada such as NACE, SSPC, CIS, and AWWA
• Helping to promote our legacy for innovation and products that are World Class in our market
The successful candidate will have:
• 5+ years of sales experience with a superior performance track record within related industries, chemicals and coatings industry preferred.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, & decision-making skills with an aptitude for sales is required.
• Proficiency in CRM and database software, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor s Degree strongly preferred
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Must be flexible and available for significant travel Monday - Friday
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
• Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
• You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
• Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
• Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help them propel their industries forward.
• You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG s affirmative action plan by emailing ...@ppg.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links