Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Trinity University
Occupational Category: 43-3031.00,Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Date Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 Job Category: Clerical Job Type: Full-Time Department/Office: Business Office Salary: $16.6250 per hour Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday
Summary: The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing journal entries, summer research and internship payments and assisting with the daily management of grant files and accounts. This position provides support to Accounts Payable and Payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Review payment requests and create vouchers for summer research/student stipends.
• Provides customer service related to grant accounts payable.
• Setup, Maintain and Archive Grant Files.
• Process Journal Entries for Endowments, Sponsored Projects and Departments.
• Prepares cash transmittals and maintains deposit log for grant revenue.
• Audits vouchers created by AP Technicians in ERP against the check request or invoice to ensure readiness for payment, and updates the voucher status. Works with AP Technicians to resolve any discrepancies.
• Creation and maintenance in the ERP of various non-benefit type payroll deduction records.
• Creates payroll wage records in the ERP for part-time and full-time faculty, and part-time exempt staff including updates from Supplemental Pay Request forms and retroactive wages. Maintains time entry supervisor in ERP for non-exempt employees.
• Creates, distributes, and collects responses from unclaimed property notifications.
• Review p-card envelopes for completeness and compliance to university policy.
Experience: Required : One to two years of bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred with working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite. Working experience in a college or university accounting unit is preferred.
Skills: Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
Mathematical and computational skills
Education Requirements: Required : High school graduate or equivalent, supplemented by college level courses in Accounting
How to apply: Candidates should submit an Application for Employment and a list of contact information for three professional references to contact listed below. A cover letter and resume is optional.
Contact Name: Human Resources Contact Department: Trinity University Contact Address Line 1: One Trinity Place Contact City, State and Zip Code: San Antonio, TX 78212 Contact Phone: Fax: 210-999-7542 Contact Email: email@example.comAccounting Assistant