Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Andeavor
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
San Antonio, TX
19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Relevant Experience Level:
Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Regular - Full Time
Responsible for ensuring that Marathon selects the most appropriate goods and/or services based on total cost of ownership (TCO). Responsible for the development and execution of category management strategies. Create and execute category plans and strategic sourcing initiatives, in support of leveraging third party spend and creating value for Marathon. Conduct spend analysis and market intelligence to identify and leverage key opportunities that deliver value, optimize supplier pool and mitigate risk to the business.
This position focuses on the development, management and execution of the commercial strategy for spend associated with the Midstream segment of our business. Our Midstream segment primarily includes the operations of MPLX LP, which transports, stores, distributes and markets crude oil and refined products via refining logistics assets, pipelines, terminals, towboats and barges; gather, processes and transports natural gas; and gathers, transports, fractionates, stores and markets natural gas liquids.
• Manage categories to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit to the Midstream business.
• Seek and identify opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction within Midstream.
• Conduct market and TCO analysis in support of strategic sourcing initiatives. Develop business case for sourcing initiatives, supported by market data, relevant business and technical factors.
• Implement and manage category plans with focus on:
business case presentation, commercial agreement execution and administration.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure service, commercial terms and optimal leverage.
• Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to align strategies; to include working with stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of category risks and business requirements.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, internal and external customers to deliver sourcing initiatives.
• Continuously communicate with stakeholders on category initiatives and status updates.
• Develop and track KPIs for measuring performance for key suppliers/contractors. Facilitate issues resolution related to supplier performance, as needed.
• Lead utilization and performance assessments to confirm strategies are effective and strategic suppliers are meeting and exceeding business partner expectations.
• Complete base plan and postcard updates and communicate to key business partners.
• Understand operational and transactional Supply Chain activities to ensure alignment with category strategies.
• Utilize Supply Chain tools, templates and systems, as prescribed by the Supply Chain Function.Education & Experience
• Minimum undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Marketing, Engineering, Business, Science or similar discipline required
• Minimum six years of Supply Chain, Commercial, Contract Development or Contract Management experience required; preferably in Midstream (gas gathering & processing, crude gathering, pipelines or terminals).
• Strong contracting skills with in depth understanding of the various Contract Terms and Conditions.
• Ability to develop negotiations strategy and conduct supplier negotiations with the capability to meet targets, manage concessions and deliver results.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of business strategy, including TCO and should cost modeling.
• Proficient in SAP, Ariba, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Office.About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at . @marathonpetroleum.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish . Right to Work Statement English or Spanish