Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 11-3011.00,Administrative Services Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Category Manager Lead - Property & Casualty Claims for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Establishes and implements third party sourcing solutions for a category of direct and indirect spend to secure the best total value of goods and services in support of line of business and / or enterprise needs. Leverages expertise, including but not limited to commodity experience, supply and demand, market pricing, competitive intelligence, industry trends, geopolitical risks, financial analysis, etc. to build, inform, execute, and manage holistic category plans and provide strategic support. Develops and manages relationships with business leaders, enterprise stakeholders, operational partners (centralized sourcing and procurement, legal, compliance, finance, experience and product owners), and strategic suppliers. During early maturity of the category management discipline, the role will be responsible for building the capability, leading the organization through change, as well as operating effectively in a large matrixed evolving organization to influence category strategies and direction. This role may reside in the centralized sourcing and procurement organization or in a line of business.
• Establish and coordinate sourcing activities, and provide ongoing strategic and sourcing guidance throughout the lifecycle of assigned categories; understand financial service industries regulatory requirements and provide recommendations to align to business strategy.
• Leverage technical, market, and competitive expertise to identify viable third party solutions, evaluate total cost of ownership, lead or support contract negotiations, develop critical performance measures, assess compliance with third-party risk standards, monitor adherence to contractual terms, etc.
• Build project plans and lead change in an agile environment to ensure achievement of the category strategy -- development and execution of guidelines / guardrails, change and communication plans, processes, procedures, training, etc.
• Develop and manage relationships with business leaders, enterprise stakeholders, operational partners (centralized sourcing and procurement, legal, compliance, finance), and strategic suppliers. Maintains oversight of specific categories; facilitate escalation and collaborative resolution of all issues impacting suppliers’ execution of category strategy.
• Consistently evaluate category based on business and product needs, supply market intelligence, supplier rationalizations and segmentation initiatives, and technology and industry evolutions, etc., to identify potential category solutions enabling delivery of products and services to members.
• Conduct analysis and synthesize data to identify year over year cost savings opportunities, mitigate risks, and improve category performance while meeting financial targets, maximizing member satisfaction and supplier diversity
• Actively monitor and manage aggregate supplier spend data within assigned spend category; work with the business to develop demand forecasts and process to manage demand activities for the category
• Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• 8 years of experience leading the strategy for the sourcing of a specific Commodity/Category Management and experience in owning the advancement of the strategy for augmented business needs
• Experience with relevant data management tools (e.g., spend analytics / visualization tools such as Tableau)
• Strong executive presence with the ability to collaborate and lead through transformational change
• Deep understanding of supplier portfolio management with equally strong skills in selection and auditing of suppliers
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in strategic, tactical contractual negotiations and dispute resolution and client relationship management
• Analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data and formulate insights in support of specified category(s)
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence and drive solutions across all organizational levels
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Working experience in the Property and Casualty Claims insurance industry as a Category specialist, or equivalent experience in driving third party portfolio strategy for claims services operations, and / or claims services enabling technology.
• Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategy and vendor relationships.
• Working experience in drafting business and technical requirements, and service level agreements
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/04/20 by 11:59 pm CST time