Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Tenet
Occupational Category: 29-1031.00,Dietitians and Nutritionists
Date Posted: 2020-02-17
Valid Through: 2020-03-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Performs the functions of a specialized clinical nutrition service, such as nutrition assessment, nutrition education, nutrient intake analysis and patient screening to provide quality nutrition care to patients and families.
• Assesses nutritional status of the patient based on information gathered from the medical record, patient, family and other health care team members.
• Identifies and provides for teaching needs of patients and family utilizing appropriate educational material and arranging for the most suitable environment possible.
• Performs nutrient intake analysis.
• Performs nutrition screening and assesses patients identified as high nutrition risks.
• Participates in developing policies and procedures related to providing nutrition care and patient tray services.
• Assigns appropriate nutrition care tasks to the dietetic technicians.
• Acts as a preceptor for dietetic interns and dietetic technician students when required.
• Relieves employees in the diet office as assigned.Qualifications:Education
Required: Bachelor degreeExperience
Preferred: 1 year as a dietitian in a clinical settingCertifications
Required: Registered or Registration eligible with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Must obtain registration within 6 months. Must possess current state licensure as Dietitian or obtain with 90 days or hire.
San Antonio, Texas
Baptist Medical Center
Associated topics: bacteria, drug, histologist, immunohematology, immunology, injury, metabolism, microbiology, nephrology, patient