Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2061.00,Financial Examiners
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
Provides second-line independent Compliance oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements.Continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.Manages and leads teams in the development, implementation and/or execution of compliance programs to minimize risk to USAA.Provides compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies.Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
• Oversees the design and implementation of programs to identify, monitor, assess, control and report on compliance risk; as well as detect, and prevent associated risk of member harm and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Leads the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Oversees the development of compliance policies, procedures, risk identification, and control methodologies to ensure adherence and enforcement of applicable legal and Regulatory Requirements.
• Provides oversight and credible challenge for the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements.
• Provides oversight for regulatory examinations, information requests regarding compliance, and regulatory filings.
• Serves as point of contact for federal and state regulatory agencies for compliance matters.
• Applies executive level subject-matter-expert functional knowledge to lead compliance teams in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
• Responsible for coaching and development of compliance leaders and professionals and determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
• Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department and process resources.
• Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 10 years’ experience in compliance or related experience.Significant experience in execution of Compliance processes and procedures.
• 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
• Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
• Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
• Strong consumer credit card experience in a large or regional financial institution
• Exposure to a full range of consumer banking products, including deposits, consumer lending, etc.in a large financial institution
• Experience as an examiner from OCC, Fed, or CFPB
• Demonstrated accomplishments influencing and presenting to Board members, senior executive leadership, and regulators
• Leadership experience in regulatory exams and/or in closing MRAs, MRIAs, or other consent order work
Find your purpose.Join our mission.
USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members.USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S.military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products.USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 32,000 employees.They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity