Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Mission Trail Baptist Hospital
Occupational Category: 29-2055.00,Surgical Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties related to patient s nutritional care such as: entering dietary data into the computer, maintaining accurate patient profiles, and obtaining patient food preferences.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned
• Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and prepares production sheets of specific food to be prepared for the kitchen staff.
• Calls patient to assist/receive menu selection.
• Processes new diet orders and changes to the patient diet order as required.
• Generates and edits patient tray tickets and if necessary enter date into the computer.
• Modifies diets following standards established by the Registered Dietitian.
• Interview patients and/or caregivers to obtain food preferences if necessary.
• Answers telephone calls and relays information concerning meal changes complaints, or patient discharges to the Supervisor or Registered Dietitians.
• Works, tray line/tray accuracy as required for timely and accurate patient services as needed.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Preferred: AA Degree in Dietetic Technician or minimum2 years of college education in Nutritional and Dietetics
Required: 1 year in healthcare food service setting.
Required: Food Handler certification based on city or state requirements.
Preferred: Dietetic Technician Registration (ADA)
Job: Food Service/Preparation/Dietary Primary Location: San Antonio, Texas Facility: Mission Trail Baptist Hospital Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Posted: 2019-12-09 Expires: 2020-01-09