Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Marathon Petroleum
Occupational Category: 17-3023.01,Electronics Engineering Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Non-Exempt
This position will lead the Prepare to Operate team (PTOT), a multi-disciplinary team, on a mission to ensure that L&S Engineering West consistently delivers on-time and on-budget Turnkey Projects to operations. The team's scope includes but is not limited to providing technical support, design review, Commission, Decommissioning and Recommissioning (CDR) planning, and project quality control (e.g. Inspection, field testing, and Construction Quality Management) and work process oversight (e.g. MPMP, MOC and PSSR). The Engineering Manager will also be part of the Process Excellence team focused on alignment of processes, standards & best practices across L&SE.
• Formulates and recommends processes and programs to ensure the development and completion of a wide range of engineering and construction projects that meet or exceed stakeholder's expectation.
• Directs and provides oversight of personnel involved in developing processes and programs to ensure that projects adhere to applicable design, equipment and construction standards and maximize operational efficiency, quality, flexibility, safety, scheduling, and reliability, while minimizing costs.
• Ensures workloads are strategically distributed to meet the intended budget guidelines and the changing needs of the business partner organizations.
• Assures that training and development in the areas of project management, engineering and construction design, project cost control, quality objectives, scheduling, and safety to allow for the efficient completion of project assignments is provided.
• Establishes and evaluates group goals in alignment with departmental goals and clearly communicates expectations; evaluates organizational performance versus expectations to determine the areas of strength and weakness.
• Formulates and provides recommendations to management to facilitate the planning and establishment of business partner/department strategic objectives and assists with the implementation of activities involved with accomplishing those objectives.
• Ensures timely communication of project and program schedules, financial status, and project viability with the business partner and L&SE West personnel via appropriate reports and metrics.
• Ensures project designs, construction and equipment comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Prepares annual and mid-year budgets for area of responsibility including projected costs for personnel, equipment, training, and miscellaneous expenses. Ensures that overall planning and proper project evaluation is performed in conjunction with the budget process.
• Participates with Procurement and other appropriate parties in the selection, approval and negotiations with contractors for projects in their area of responsibility.
• Develop leaders through coaching, career development and succession planning.
• B.S. in Engineering is required
• Minimum 10 years of broad experience in crude gathering, pipeline or terminal operations or associated support functions (e.g. Design & Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Startup, Field Operation, Operation Center, Maintenance, Budgeting, Planning, Scheduling) required
• Minimum 5 years of combined experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in developing and executing strategy initiatives or improvement programs preferred
• Direct project management experience preferred
• The ideal candidate would have proven track record of building strong working relationships across geographies and organizational boundaries
• Require ~25% travel to various project locations, regional offices and Findlay HQ for meetings, reviews and process learning.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Quality Manager, Marketing Manager, Manager, Engineering, Quality, Marketing, Management