Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: Dean Foods
Occupational Category: 43-5081.04,Order Fillers, Wholesale and Retail Sales
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Product Puller
# of Openings
Transportation & Warehousing
High School or Equivalent
Oak Farms, a Dean Foods company, is excited to announce an opening for a Product Puller position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
Second Shift: Start time 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm or until job is completed
Job Description & Requirements
• The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties in loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near plant, yard, or work site.
• Performs any combination of receiving, storing and distributing tasks to assist in the distribution of product.
• Responsible for frequently pulling and stacking product based on daily orders.
• Meeting specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
• Responsible for keeping products separated, organized and in good rotation.
• Support Preventative Maintenance Plans.
• Monitor product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
• Responsible for frequently documenting and reporting; Completing production and quality logs.
• Furnish accurate counts on load tags.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
• Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures.
• Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report any deficiencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Responsible for operating various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, etc).
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 6 months experience required.
• Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
• Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature is maintained at minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit using appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.