Location: San Antonio TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 17-2112.00,Industrial Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Senior Process Engineer for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Partners with cross-functional teams, in the application of process engineering principles to design and/or optimize business processes and their overall performance. Responsible for consistently executing the Process Excellence (PX) strategy within a CoSA or across the Enterprise. Executes process improvement projects that sustainably improve member and employee experiences and business deliverables. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
• Utilizes knowledge of customers, products and processes to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue.
• Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products.
• Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization.
• Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
• Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product and identifies opportunities and potential process engineer solutions.
• Develops and designs process improvement recommendations; influences and mobilizes stakeholder commitment to change process, systems and structures to achieve business objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 6 years of relevant business experience to include 2 years of process improvement experience.
• Demonstrated use of statistics, LEAN Six Sigma, data analysis, and industry tools (SIPOC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements), and process engineering methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to influence change at the leadership level and team level.
• Green Belt certification (one which required successful implementation of a process related project that solved a business problem/improved business performance)
OR demonstrated completion of 3 Lean/Six Sigma projects.
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams through process documentation and guiding leaders in identifying process-related risks and developing/documenting associated controls
• Strong stakeholder management and customer service skills
• MBA or equivalent
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/12/20 by 11:59 pm CST time