Location: Santa Maria CA
Company Name: Rubicon Project
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Open to LA, SF or NYC locations.
The Business Development Manager role reports into the SVP, Head of Business Development and will play a key role in developing & executing a partnership strategy to meet the goals & objectives of the company.
The Business Development Manager must be comfortable being a utility player, as the candidate will be expected to be involved in a wide array of partnership types at various complexity levels. The successful candidate will be thrown into a number of diverse projects, so the ability to focus and learn about a variety of business models strategically and tactically is required. If you are the kind of person who likes focus on only a few key initiatives, this is not the role for you! The candidate should be adaptable and flexible with an interest in learning about all facets of programmatic advertising.
The candidate will closely interface with both buy-side & sell-side stakeholders, as well as the company's Product & Legal organizations. A balance of consultative and transactional selling skills is required with a focus on prioritizing revenue-driving tactics.
What you will be doing:
• Participate in go-to-market activities for strategic initiatives around the company's Mobile, Video, DSP, and Orders business units.
• Have an active role in new DSP vetting & on-boarding, header bidding initiatives, and prospecting new publishers to join the exchange.
• Ability to develop Senior-level contacts at partner companies and foster ongoing relationships
• An aggressive producer with experience penetrating & navigating amongst various constituents in the ad technology landscape, including demand side platforms, ad networks, & data/attribution/viewability providers.
• Strategic thinker with ability to act tactically
• Ability to take an early-stage concept/idea through all of its various stages, from validating its efficacy all the way to go-to market strategy.
• Sales process aptitude:
activity tracking, pipeline management, and forecasting.
• Collaborate with sales leadership & product teams on enhancements & insights that drive revenue.
• Self-starter with ability to stay informed on emerging trends, opportunities, and challenges and how they impact the company's market strategy.
• A consultative, educational sales approach balanced with assumptive transactional style. Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills:
a charismatic and practical up-and-coming leader who can earn the respect of internal & external stakeholders.
• Represent the company at Industry events and seminars as needed
• Light to moderate travel will be required for this role, but primary focus is in the USA.
What we look for:
• BS/BA degree.
• 2-3 years of sales and/or client-facing experience required, including time with a mobile platform, supply side platform, demand side platform, trading unit or ad network.
• Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies, opportunities/challenges, and pricing models.
• Fundamental understanding of the technology surrounding programmatic advertising.
• Knowledge of how digital media is bought, sold and delivered both in the traditional channel and programmatic channels.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exhibits natural leadership qualities and is a self-starter. Ambitious, success-driven, high-energy with ability to learn quickly from failures
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task
• Must be responsive, resourceful, professional, proactive and an independent problem solver
• Motivated to work in a fast-paced, fun team environment.
What's in it for you:
• Career growth opportunities:
We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
Each Rubicon Project office offers free daily lunches daily and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
• Take time for yourself:
We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last two weeks of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
• 401k Match:
We offer an unique 401K match program with a variety of tax break benefits
• Stay healthy:
Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more