Location: Santa Maria CA
Company Name: CPES
Occupational Category: 25-9031.01,Instructional Designers and Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
CPES Novelles is currently seeking a Full Time Learning and Developmental Facilitator for our programs in California in Central and Northern California
Who We Are:
CPES (Community Provider of Enrichment Services) is the largest employee-owned company in the United States; providing human services for more than 35 years. Our mission is to provide person-centered supports by recognizing the value and contribution of every person. Come join our collaborative, caring culture!
Under general supervision of the California Human Resources Manager, this position performs skilled para-professional work administering and conducting training in accordance with state licensing requirements for developmental and behavioral health care providers, enabling employees to obtain or maintain required licenses, certifications and/or continuing education credits. Training is primarily in the area of new-hire orientation and on boarding. Work involves the application of standard training and facilitation procedures and varied tasks within the presentation and administration of training programs. This position communicates frequently with peers and managers throughout the organization. This position may serve as a lead to students or interns, but does not have formal human resources authority for supervision.
? Provides regular weekday classes to comply with state licensing requirements; provides input for training calendars and schedules;
? Provides periodic advanced training session as needed for staff completing their ninety (90) day orientation period to enhance skill level and career development;
? Uses class materials and handouts that have been developed by others and/or purchased; may adapt material but does little or no development from scratch;
? Evaluates training services/functions and encourages staff to provide feedback;
? Ensures students are knowledgeable regarding individualized treatment or person-centered plans for participants
? Ensures self-determination philosophy is understood by all staff providing direct care services;
? Serves as technical resource for staff and assures that the presentation of the modules is done in such a way as to foster the transfer of power and control from system to consumer, and to address service coordination and delivery problems;
? Ensures licensing standards of care are covered in all training sessions;
? Maintains training records, prepares related reports and correspondence, and issues notices to staff who are absent from required training;
? Ability to obtain and maintain required instructional certifications, CPR, First Aid, CIT or Pro Act. CPR and First Aid must be from a nationally recognized certifying agency such as American Red Cross or the National Safety Council.
? Develops and maintains working relationships with all staff, including Directors, Program Administrators, Supervisors, as well as Support staff;
? Performs other duties as assigned.
• A High School diploma, GED or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in the human services/behavioral health field; or any equivalent combination of education and training.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to meet physical demands in accordance with State of Arizona requirements.
• Preferred: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor?s degree in behavioral health, human services or directly related field and one year of experience working in a human services/behavioral health setting.
• Ability to obtain and maintain State of Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card or California DOJ clearance depending on which state the position is located in.
• A valid driver?s license for the state where position is based), and access to reliable transportation.
• Must be insurable under CPES automobile policy if position requires driving a CPES vehicle or rental car.
• Must maintain acceptable personal automobile insurance coverage if position requires driving a personal vehicle to conduct CPES business (requires management approval).
CPES Novelles provides competative salaries, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, extended learning opportunities