Location: Santa Rosa CA
Company Name: iHire
Occupational Category: 35-2014.00,Cooks, Restaurant
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
To safely prepare ingredients required for food service from a sanitary environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES; Functions essential to the performance of this job:
• Responsible for compliance with industry food safety standards.
• Assists in all aspects of food preparation and presentation as needed.
• Assists in control of inventory and daily prep lists and supplies.
• Responsible for safety in the kitchen environment.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES; Functions incidental to the performance of this job:
• Maintains cleanliness in common areas including the ramp, barbecue, and garbage collection areas.
• Keeps work areas and food storage areas clean and safe at all times.
• Perform all other duties as required, including dishwashing as needed.
• Proper rotation and putting away of grocery items
• Communicates openly with Supervisors, Management or other team members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Have or Obtain a Food Handlers Certificate and use such knowledge in day to day procedures.
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions independently.
• Ability to read, extend or reduce printed recipes
• Basic working knowledge of kitchen equipment, knives etc.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings and nights.
• Ability to exert up to 60 pounds of force frequently, and lift up to 70 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, lift, reach, crouch, stand, walk, and carry for long periods of time.
• A positive attitude.
• Uniform requirements:Safe and neat uniform consisting of black pants, black non slip shoes.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years