Location: Scottsdale AZ
Company Name: West Pharmaceutical Services
Occupational Category: 17-3023.01,Electronics Engineering Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Engineering Lab Technician, R&D, Scottsdale
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
In this role, the Laboratory Technician will work under the direction of the Engineering Verification Manager to assist the development team with test sample builds, perform engineering and verification testing activities, and have responsibilities associated with lab management, equipment calibrations, preventative maintenance, and equipment qualifications. The individual will bring excellent analytical, technical, and organizational talent to the execution of development projects at West.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Performs and documents engineering and verification testing activities under the supervision of the Engineering Verification Manager for a product (or product family).
• Proficient in laboratory test equipment operation and accustomed to using current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLP).
• Assist the engineering team in the development of test methods, work instructions, and other documentation as required.
• Prepares test samples according to work instructions and procedures for engineering and verification testing.
• Follows protocols required for Engineering Testing, Human Factors Engineering, Design Verification and Design Validation.
• Participates in the execution of Gage R&R and qualification of engineering test fixtures, assembly fixtures, test methods, and assembly methods used in the development process.
• Manages component inventory for test samples.
• Creates necessary documentation in support of assigned activities in compliance with West QMS.
• Manages the calibration status of laboratory tools and equipment, communicates with calibration vendors to get equipment calibrated, reviews calibration certificates, and ensures proper storage of all associated calibration documentation.
• Performs regularly scheduled general preventative maintenance activities on laboratory tools, equipment, and machinery.
• Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards. Maintains a clean, neat, and safe work environment.
• Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
• Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
• Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
• Provides a “Customer Service” attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production, and achieving quality standards.
• Minimum education or equivalent experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Experience: 8-10+ years of experience in a laboratory environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Technical experience performing testing in medical device industry
• This position requires a highly organized person who is articulate and personable, rapidly establishes rapport with diverse personalities, responds to people’s needs, and demonstrates initiative and commitment to quality in all tasks.
• Proficient in MS Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Minimal to no travel requirements
Physical & Mental Requirements
• Must be able to work assigned shift(s) with overtime as required to complete assignments if necessary.
• Sitting and/or standing for extended periods may occur as well as getting to and from offices and building sites.
• The ability to lift and carry various items up to 50 pounds as required.
• Potential handling of biohazard material and components.
• Non-US only where required for certain levels
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening