Location: Silver Spring MD
Company Name: The LDM Group
Occupational Category: 29-1127.00,Speech-Language Pathologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: PART_TIME
: Joint Pathology Center, Walter Reed
Part-time 1099 Contract
The requirement for the job are:
• Board certified in Pathology (AP or AP/CP) or Dermatology
• Completed a fellowship in Pathology practice fields
• Board certified in Dermatopathology
• Preferably 5 year experience signing out dermatopathology cases and preferably has experience signing out second opinion cases
Function as an expert consultant to the other pathologists. Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience (15 years or more preferred) in diagnosing the most difficult cases. Pathologists offer special insights into the proper diagnosis and management of patients. Must be board certified.
Perform a full range of duties consistent with their labor category, education, training, experience, clinical privileges (as applicable), and assigned position. General duties that apply to all personnel or across certain labor categories are given below. Additional duties which are labor category specific, service area specific, or facility specific, including duties such as on-call or hospital admissions, are contained in the Position Descriptions above. Duties that apply to all contractor personnel are as follows:
1. Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
2. Comply with the standards of the Joint Commission, applicable provisions of law, and the rules and regulations of any and all governmental authorities pertaining to licensure and regulation of healthcare personnel and medical treatment facilities, the regulations and standards of medical practice of the MTF and the bylaws of the MTF's medical staff. Adhere to and comply with all
3. Department of the Navy, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery and local instructions and notices that may be in effect during the term of the contract.
4. Participate in staff peer review and performance improvement activities.
5. Academic, Educational and Research activities.
Professional Qualifications / Responsibilities
1. Board certification in Pathology or Board certification in subspecialty area, as applicable.
2. Degree in Medicine, Osteopathy or foreign degrees equivalent to USA standards.
3. Current valid state license to practice medicine in the U.S.
4. Extensive professional knowledge of incumbent's pathology specialty, minimum of five years or specified experience above, in order to provide authoritative consultation and diagnostic service.
5. Knowledge of instructional methods to provide professional training, lectures and workshops.
6. Knowledge of research techniques to expand and report through professional publications advances in incumbent's pathology specialty