Location: Springfield MO
Company Name: Summit Truck Group
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Take your career to the Summit…
At Summit Truck Group, one of the country’s leading heavy duty truck dealer groups, our success depends on serving our customers with the best team members in the industry. If your career goals include making a valuable contribution as a Service Technician in an exciting and growing company and working with top professionals in the industry then consider joining our team.
Summit Truck Group in Springfield, Mo is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, customer-oriented individuals who can work in a team environment as a Service Technician.
In a retail dealership environment, conduct diesel equipment repairs and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments.
• Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment. Including trouble shooting, electrical and diagnostic services.
• Read Repair Order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
• Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
• Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
• Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
• Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
• Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
• Advise the Service Supervisor if additional repair work is necessary
• Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
• Maintain a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools
• Follow safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
• Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED is required. Combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
• Related technical school training preferred.
• Three to five years of commercial truck technical service experience.
• Engine certifications preferred: Cummins, Detroit, International, etc.
• Necessary tools to perform job responsibilities
• Ability to work and learn independently.
• Strong written/ verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to use various windows based computer software. Experience with engine software a plus
• Valid commercial driver’s license preferred.
Your rewards will be an exciting environment with advancement opportunities at one of the nation’s leading and growing heavy duty truck dealer groups. Summit Truck Group offers great career opportunities, along with a competitive salary, benefits, training and a culture where we strive to help our employees to be successful.
About our Company:
Summit Holdings is a privately held company that does business as Summit Truck Group, Summit Bus, and Summit Lease & Rental. The company operates 31 commercial truck and bus dealerships in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Summit Truck Group represents and services International®, Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Ford and Isuzu commercial trucks, and Crane Carrier specialty vehicles. Summit Truck Group delivers exceptional customer service through its more than 1,200 employees, 440 technicians, and 458 service bays.
Summit Truck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace