Location: Springfield VA
Company Name: Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Local Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising the daily workload of their Service Center from an Operational perspective ensuring that their Service Center is organized, efficient and effective in delivering service excellence. This position must be able to handle a multitude of functions in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include The Following
• Communicates daily with Director, Local Operations to control and maximize workload.
• Plans and dispatches crews daily to achieve maximum asset utilization and IVL productivity standards.
• Reviews all paperwork with crew to ensure crew is properly prepared for the days’ work and fully understands productivity expectations and customer requirements to ensure a satisfied customer experience.
• Provides direct, accurate and complete directions for all crews to ensure most cost effective routes to and from jobsites.
• Accepts and registers new shipments from foreign carriers ensuring that we have a current signed Compensation Agreement in place.
• Clears shipments for SIT
• Coordinates with Van Line Operations to ensure all shipments are assigned and picked up within the service area.
• Reviews daily paperwork with each Crew Leader as it is turned back in for completion and accuracy prior to processing paperwork through to accounting.
• Obtains weights for shipments and ensures facility meets requirements for a Certified Public Scale.
• Ensures that all local and short-haul drivers and/or contractors are operating within USDOT Regulations.
• Supervises office staff to ensure timely processing of all paperwork and email communications.
• Problem solves as necessary to provide excellent customer service, interacts with service providers and customers by phone and email, and may occasionally have in person contact.
• Documents customer service issues according to company policies.
• Assures that proper procedures are followed to collect payments from customers.
• Assists in the maintenance records, dispatch paperwork, tracking mileage, arranging labor, and reviewing paperwork upon job completion for Short-haul drivers.
• Monitors that all e-mails changes have been responded to timely and properly completed.
• Notifies management of any mistakes or discrepancies found.
• Maintains the cash box and settles box twice weekly with the Accounting Department.
• Responsible and accountable for terminal profit and loss.
• Other duties may be assigned.
No direct reports are assigned to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to dispatch and coordinated the functions of the operations division in the local wash metro area, through the use of manpower and trucks.
• Must be flexible and able to deal with a change or changes in a courteous, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment, be self-motivated and well organized.
• Personally able to withstand pressure and high stress levels.
• Beginner Level minimum requirement in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate Level or higher preferred). Minimum keyboard skill level of 40 wpm.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or two to three years related HHG management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid CDL A License or ability to obtain CDL A License within 6 months of employment.
• Ability to obtain Commonwealth of Virginia Weigh Master Permit