Location: TX United States
Company Name: Tarrant County
Occupational Category: 49-3023.02,Automotive Specialty Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Perform mechanical/electrical/preventive maintenance on gasoline/diesel powered vehicles, engines and construction equipment. The incumbent must be familiar with and be able to perform basic operations on all heavy and light duty construction equipment.
POSITION MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
AFTER A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED
• Performs preventive maintenance (P/M) on construction equipment
• Responsible for the daily fueling and maintenance of construction equipment
• Performs repair on equipment including basic electrical and mechanical, minor tune-ups and belts, hoses and a/c
• Maintains records related to P/M, oil inventory (usage), waste oil and fuel consumption
• Responsible for onsite inspections of equipment to ensure equipment is in proper operating condition; has the authority to take equipment out of use
• Performs pre-state inspections
• Forecasts inventory needs and tracks usage
• Responsible for advising supervisors of any equipment misuse
• Responsible for instructing equipment operators on the proper procedures for maintaining equipment
• Responsible for teaching new employees how to perform equipment maintenance and pre-trip inspections
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
NOTE: You must fill out the work history and education sections of application to show you have years of experience/education as required by hiring department or be disqualified.
High School diploma or GED + a Minimum of one (1) year experience as a full-time automotive mechanic required. Heavy truck/off road mechanic experience strongly preferred.
A Class A CDL with a combination tanker and hazmat endorsement is required within six (6) months of hire.
May require certification in a specific trade or training such as an A/C mechanic.
(THE SELECTED CANDIDATE(S) FOR THIS POSITION MUST TAKE AND PASS A PRE-PLACEMENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND DRUG TEST)
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to stoop, bend, climb, pull and push. Daily exposure to dust, hazardous materials, fumes, noise, cold and heat