Location: Tempe AZ
Company Name: Maricopa County Community College District
Occupational Category: 25-1123.00,English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Not Eligible for Benefits
This is a part-time, temporary position not eligible for benefits.
Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm and/or 5pm-9pm; up to 19.5 hours per week; some evenings and weekends may be required
Provide instruction for the GED® Success Class, an 8-day hybrid course (facilitated in person, incorporating online content), that prepares students to successfully transition into the College Bridge Pathways program.
50% - Facilitates the GED® Success Class, which covers personal development and academic success competencies to help learners become college and career ready; class content introduces learners to topics that enhance college preparedness and success such as interpersonal skills, motivation, study habits, reliability/dependability, adaptability, integrity, professionalism, computer technology basics, and college and career exploration
40% - Maintains required attendance, grading, and course data; coordinates the administrative maintenance of the learning management system for College Bridge Pathways students
10% - Facilitates the success class for English language learners on an as scheduled basis; collaborates with other staff members on other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree
• Adult Basic Education Teaching Certificate
• Experience working with a diverse group of people
1. Master’s degree
• Minimum of three (3) years' teaching experience in college and career readiness and/or development or in a K-12 environment
• Experience with teaching online and/or hybrid courses
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Experience using a computer and other applicable technologies
Special Working Conditions
May be required to travel to various locations; please indicate in your cover letter/resume the desired work location(s); positions are available at various RSC locations:
Rio Avondale, 420 N. Central Avenue, Avondale, AZ 85323
Rio Downtown 619 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Rio Northern is located at 1715 W. Northern Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Rio Southern 3320 S. Price Road, Tempe, AZ 85282
Rio Surprise 12535 W. Smokey Drive, Surprise, AZ 85378
Rio Thomas 3631 W. Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85019.
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications. A cover letter may further highlight an applicant’s knowledge, skill and ability.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
• Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
• Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each position.
• Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information