Location: Thornton CO
Company Name: Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing executive level, confidential administrative support to the Learning Services? executives. Support schools and departments by being a resource of information. Coordinate meetings and activities with Executive Directors, school personnel, parents and outside agencies. Act as liaison with all levels of district staff and community representatives. Provide information to public regarding departments, school, district policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide assistance and support by identifying and prioritizing incoming information, phone inquiries and delegating and/or directing issues to appropriate department or district personnel. Serves as the Learning Services Division and Student Support Services Department primary contact for administrative issues. Makes decisions and takes actions within agree upon limits. Draft correspondence, plan and prepare reports, and makes travel arrangements. Compile and track department projects and responsible for planning, organizing and delegating to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Executive Directors of Schools, Executive Director of Student Support Services and the Chief Academic Officer.
2. Performs administrative duties including, but not limited to: handling phone calls, screening and directing to appropriate person; answering inquiries, following through on requests, and solving non-routine problems, screening visitors; schedules appointments; maintains numerous calendars and filing systems; opens and distributes mail; handles faxes; retrieves and distributes e-mail; prepares, composes, processes and distributes correspondence, documents, or other printed information to parents, department and district staff, and the community; coordinates and arranges meetings, conferences, workshops and special events; prepares agendas and announcements; takes and publishes minutes, coordinates meeting dates; arranges rooms; outlines room set-up including AV equipment; orders refreshments; informs attendees; compiles survey and evaluation data if needed; orders office supplies. Answers inquires and offers assistance to parental/community concerns and routine and non-routine matters using appropriate initiative screen calls and refer as appropriate.
3. Prepares, proofreads and coordinates the preparation of documents. Gathers information or articles. Designs formats, charts and layouts. Creates, manages and maintains multimedia presentations. Track, follow up on and coordinate action items until satisfactory completion.
4. Support the Executive Directors in the hiring of District staff; job posting, prepare letters to staff and community, survey staff and community, compile results, assists with the screening of the applications, schedule interviews, gather data to compile candidate packets, maintains communication with the candidates through the hiring process
5. Perform budgetary and accounting functions for department or programs such as monitoring annual budgets, including grants and federal monies, transferring budget monies, and purchasing/ processing invoices.
6. Responsible for facilitating office set-up/closure needs for new, transferred or retiring staff and completes all H.R. required forms. Track and prepare monthly payroll Time and Attendance Report.
7. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High School Diploma or equivalent.
? Courses in business or vocational school in business administration, accounting, office management equivalent to 2 years of college, or equivalent experience may be substituted for this educational requirement.
? Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
? Office Management and educational institution experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to frequently travel among district facilities.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
? Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
? Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
? Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
? English language skills.
? Math skills.
? Interpersonal relations skills.
? Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
? Advanced knowledge of computer software including MS Office products.
? Proficient in the use of Google Office applications (calendars/docs/Gmail).
? Ability to problem solves and creates solutions.
? Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
? Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
? Ability to manage multiple priorities.
? Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
? Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
? Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Google.
? Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
? Operating knowledge of district financial, HR, student information and any other department specific software and equipment required within two months after hire.
Responsible for assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees; assisting with planning, assigning and directing work.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
? Perform budgetary functions for the department such as monitoring annual budget, purchasing large ticket items, managing purchasing card accounts, processing invoices, the transferring of budgets.
? May coordinate or direct the activities of department support staff, student aides or volunteers.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the
Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience.
“Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of
work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade
for the position step 1.
scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive
the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the
Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for
benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work
less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is
temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master
Agreement for more information.
POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should
list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when
completing the employment application.
Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that
job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen
for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a
complete application so you will be considered for the position you are