Location: Vancouver WA
Company Name: Vancouver Housing Authority
Occupational Category: 11-9021.00,Construction Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Vancouver Housing Authority provides affordable housing and housing assistance for more than 12,000 residents of Clark County, Washington. In addition to affordable housing, the VHA’s community development activities also shape the lives of the people and neighborhoods we serve.
Our mission is to provide opportunities to people who experience barriers to housing because of income, disability, or special needs in an environment which preserves personal dignity, and in a manner which maintains the public trust.
In carrying out our mission, we are committed to: vital neighborhoods, respect for VHA clients and employees, excellence in management and operations, cooperative and respectful working relationships with the public, neighborhood and community organizations, other units of local government, and dispersal of assisted housing throughout Clark County.
The Construction Projects Manager monitors and inspects VHA and affiliated nonprofit activities involving new construction, renovation, remodels and retrofitting. Position assures contractor compliance and quality construction standards are met in new and existing construction.
Some of the essential functions of the position include:
• Ensures design and construction meets all VHA, Fair Housing Act, HUD, State, and city/county building requirements, codes and regulations.
• Identifies projects scope and program requirements, including project budget, schedule, and time requirements. Ensures that projects are completed within the budget and the time parameters including meeting identified milestone requirements.
• Identifies and assists in procurement for assigned projects; needs reporting, testing, and survey requirements.
• Serves as the liaison with general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, federal, city and county as appropriate.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; a proven track record of outstanding customer service; and work well in teams. Requires knowledge in a variety of construction trades to oversee and perform work assignments, and strong abilities to negotiate changes in work / costs to VHA’s benefit.
• Requires Bachelor degree in construction management, or equivalent plus
• Five (5) years Construction management experience, or equivalent, OR
• Ten (10) years Construction management experience, or equivalent.
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.
A cover letter and resume will be required. For questions about this position email our HR department firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews scheduled accordingly.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
• Employer pays 100% of medical/vision/dental for employee only. Employee pays 15% of medical/dental/vision premium for all other tiers.
• Participates in Washington State PERS
• Paid Time Off of 17 days in the first 3 years then increases with tenure.
• 10 paid holidays
• Employer paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
• Flexible Spending
Vancouver Housing Authority
2500 Main Street
Vancouver, Washington, 98660
How to Apply
Applications accepted at: