Location: Vancouver WA
Company Name: Hawthorne Gardening Company
Occupational Category: 17-3026.00,Industrial Engineering Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you’d fit in great with us!
We are looking for a Plastics Production Operator who will grow at our Vancouver, WA facility.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for goal paced production of thermo-forming products. This is a safety sensitive position where the employee holding this position has the responsibility for his/her own safety and other people's safety.
In this role you will:
• Perform proper installation and removal of tooling
• Own machine safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
• Properly set-up and program all thermos-formers within allotted time
• Perform complete tool change-overs
• Monitor condition of equipment and tooling and notify tooling specialist for improvement needs
• Record material usage
• Problem solve formed product defects
• Measure formed product specifications
• Maintain proper housekeeping in the work area
• Complete other related duties as required
The perfect person will have:
• High School Diploma
• Be mechanically inclined
• Have a minimum of 1 year plastic industry experience or machine operation experience
• Ability to read tape measure in fractions
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to read and understand English
• “Want to learn” attitude
• Safety protocol and quality control knowledge
• Self-motivated, organized and possess strong communication skills
• Have strong analytical skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives
This is what we will bring to the table:
• Extremely competitive benefits including; Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
• State of the art facilities gym.
• A highly energetic and fast paced environment at a rapidly growing company.
• Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
• Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations