Location: Waco TX
Company Name: City of Waco
Occupational Category: 41-2031.00,Retail Salespersons
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Cashier & Zoo Retail Assistant - Seasonal | Cameron Park Zoo| Code: 1068-1
Job Family: Seasonal
Posting Start Date: 01/17/2020 | Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $10.31 - $16.47 per hour
Hours: Hours will be various, including holidays and weekends. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, provides retail customer services to the public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides prompt and courteous cashier and retail services to the public; processes fees for admissions and/or retail food service; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Maintains cash and fund accounts and records; prepares and serves food and maintains cleanliness standards; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is an essential function of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• City policies and procedures.
• Principles of bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
• Safety and sanitation practices and methods for food preparation, distribution and storage.
• Food temperatures and labeling.
• Following and maintaining safety and hygiene standards.
• Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
• Entering numerical data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
• Resolving customer service problems.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High School diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of customer service experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Texas food handler’s certificate is required within 90 days of employment