Location: Walnut Creek CA
Company Name: Wells Fargo
Occupational Category: 13-2072.00,Loan Officers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Responsible for file review of home loan applications. Functions are varied and include one or any number of the following: timely and clear communication with customers, HMCs, settlement agents, brokers, and other counter parties to obtain missing information and documentation for the loan file; obtaining and possibly clearing some approval stipulations; submitting loan file to underwriting for review; ensuring all compliance and underwriting guidelines are met; entering loan information into the system; prioritizing and/or managing assigned pipeline to meet anticipated closing date and performance metrics.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
• 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment demonstrated through work or military experience
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Mortgage industry experience
• Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
• Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
• Ability to provide exceptional customer satisfaction to retain and grow customer banking relationships
• Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
• Knowledge and understanding of home loan processing
• Knowledge and understanding of mortgage origination: applications, processing, and closing
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
• Ability to manage a pipeline
• Excellent organizational skills
• This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
• This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
CA-Concord: 1755 Grant Street - Concord, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation