Location: Washington DC
Company Name: American Chemical Society
Occupational Category: 25-1071.00,Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Outreach Programs Coordinator. This position is part of a team that specializes in providing unique and impactful outreach and professional development programming, and benefits topic focused schools, grants, prizes and recognitions for students and early-career members of a science and engineering professional society.
Main responsibilities will focus on ensuring a high-level of customer service and problem-solving related to our programs; especially as related to the facilitation of any application acceptance, screening and notification process logistics coordination; financial processing and tracking; maintenance of program websites and event logistics coordination.
This position requires an organized, deadline-driven, self-directed, energetic, solution orientated and entrepreneur-minded individual.
• Serves as a central point of contact between students, faculty, staff, other departments, and/or external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative matters related to our 400+ student chapters.
• Oversee the travel planning and reimbursement process for 125+ annual traveling lecturers.
• Provides specialized administrative support in the development, implementation, and marketing of programs/projects.
• Supports grant documentation and distribution for various programs via our grants database.
• Maintains program/project records, researches information and gathers data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
• Management of an annual auditing process to ensure student chapters are in compliance with minimum membership and activity requirements and regular communication including the Chapters Update.
• Manages all chapter data within various databases. Data management includes overseeing the annual process of updating chapter records through reporting and maintaining back-up records on the shared drives.
• May perform specialized activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives.
• Audit and manage internal and external program-focused websites for accuracy and adherence to brand guidelines and policies.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of information on OSA.org related to areas of responsibility.
• Responds to requests for information and provides guidance and problem resolution.
• May travel to major OSA meetings in support of member and student-focused programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Customer service first approach to job duties and functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to reprioritize and maintain workload balance as part of a dynamic and innovation team.
• Excellent ability to establish and build relationships, and comfort at interacting with all levels of the organization—including executive team, member volunteers, and external vendors.
• Technical: Microsoft Office Suite (in particular Access, Excel, and PowerPoint) and HTML preferred.
• Some travel required (up to three trips annually)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year college degree required.
• Minimum of two years of professional experience with knowledge of project management, data management and financial processing.
• Experience at a professional society or trade association preferred.
• Customer or member service-oriented experience required; association membership experience preferred.
• Experience with meetings or event planning, especially operations, budget and programming preferred.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com