Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Society for Neuroscience
Occupational Category: 15-1142.00,Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Date Posted: 2020-03-18
Valid Through: 2020-04-17
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Society for Neuroscience is seeking an enthusiastic Data Systems Specialist with a passion for database management of information systems including, the Society's Association Management System (AMS) or Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), Business Intelligence System (BI), and other large-scale systems.
The ideal candidate will have a customer-centric approach towards creating a positive user experience. This is a great opportunity to be apart of a team-oriented, supportive Technology Services department, where professional growth is of utmost importance. Read on to learn more!
When applying, please include a cover letter with your salary requirements for consideration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Oversees the support structure for the AMS/CRM.
• Develops and maintains a suite of training resources in various formats to help staff use and maximize the AMS, CMS, and other key systems.
• Stays up-to-date on system features and functionality and applies that knowledge to support departments in their use of those systems.
• Troubleshoots and resolves reported issues,
• Coordinates the execution of major processes (e.g., membership renewals, load testing)
• Documents business processes related to these systems,
• Manages system upgrades and supports staff training needs.
• Ensures the integrity, accuracy, reliability, and security of the Society's corporate data and databases.
• Contributes as needed on infrastructure issues and participates in cross-training to provide backup support for the infrastructure and Web development teams.
• Stays current on knowledge of best practices and technology solutions of interest to the Society as well as remain highly technically competent in all levels of implemented technologies.
• Interfaces with all levels of the organization to:
• Design and develop enterprise-wide data analysis and reporting solutions
• Review and analyze data from multiple sources
• Communicate analysis results and make recommendations
• Works with staff to ensure they are leveraging current reporting solutions, understanding trends, and achieving success
• Informs the reports analysis phase of all technology implementations by:
• understanding business processes and business requirements of the stakeholders
• translating needs into reporting requirements
• documenting specifications for reports, dashboards, or other outputs
• Ensures data quality and accuracy within the data warehouse, as well as source systems.
• Identifies and resolves data quality problems through appropriate process design strategies, as well as error detection and correction tests and procedures.
• Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures
• Prepare communications, memos, project updates, and other key communications that are actionable and decision-ready.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or other relevant field
• 3 years' experience with MS SQL
• Exceptional business and data analysis skills
• Ability to interact with users to understand the business processes and logic
• Experience with association management systems and/or CRM systems and Intelligence
• Exceptional technical skills to understand the underlying business intelligence components
• Project management and time management skills
• Ability to deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget through competent use of project management standards and processes.
• Demonstrated experience with associations or professional societies, including experience with information systems typically used for finance, membership management, meeting planning, and other association functions.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, we want to learn more about you and your accomplishments and look forward to reviewing your cover letter and application. Please also include your salary requirements and a copy of your resume for consideration.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants