Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Trade Center Management Associates
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is Washington's premier special events and conference facility, located on historic Pennsylvania Avenue in the heart of Penn Quarter in Washington DC.
At Trade Center Management Associates we are currently seeking an Event Planning Manager to add to our Events Sales Department.
In the position as Event Planning Manager, our mutual success is largely dependent on your planning skills and being able to take events from ordinary to extraordinary, foster and fortify partnerships with key stakeholders, clients, outside vendors and internal partners. As you plan events at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, you will be representing all the employees of our facility, giving our clients their first inkling of the unmatched service and quality that we will provide.
Event Planning Event Servicing Sales Support
The ideal Event Planning Manager at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center will use your knowledge of current trends in event management and event design to work with our clients (from contract signing, event execution through client retention) to plan, execute and manage exceptional events. You will work on meetings, events, conferences, galas and social events for 100 - 3500 guests.
As an Event Planning Manager you will help work within the client’s budget and timeline to plan and manage events; collaborate and manage relationships with vendors, clients and team members; create detailed BEOs outlining setup, food, beverage, A/V production, IT and security needs; review billing and post event analysis.
Background and Skills
• At least 3+ years of event planning or hospitality experience is required. For consideration as a Senior Event Planning Manager, a CMP is required along with 5 years of Event Planning Experience.
• Hotel and/or venue experience is desirable.
• Excellent presentation, organizational, and communication skills.
• Proven track record of event planning.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• High level of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and highly self-motivated.
• Ability to work with all levels of individuals.
• Knowledge of the DC Metro business community a plus.
• Basic proficiency using a CRM system
• Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on your own or as a member of a team
• Ability to handle a dynamic environment and challenging workload
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
If you thrive in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while performing calmly and efficiently under pressure… we look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities