Location: Washington DC
Company Name: OneWeb
Occupational Category: 13-1041.00,Compliance Officers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
This position is responsible for US and Foreign Customs regulatory compliance related to OneWeb’s Global operations. Support OneWeb’s Operations regarding Global Import/Export transactions.
• Ensuring all products being imported globally are properly classified (HTS) as per current U.S. or the foreign country’s Customs guidelines
• Manage the duty drawback process if necessary
• Conducting compliance audits to ensure all aspects of the entry are accurate (HTS, valuation, markings, etc.)
• Maintaining our compliance database up to date with product classification and assist information
• Maintain system for monitoring import tariffs and changes in tariff regulations affecting materials and equipment for shipments into the United States.
• Classify products using the Importing country’s Harmonized Systems
• Working with our Customs brokers, globally, to ensure all inbound products are accurately and timely cleared through Customs
• Management and ownership of bond processes
• Facilitate the importation of product (& export as required) to satisfy and ensure the organization’s compliance with U.S and foreign Customs agencies requirements
• Monitor timeliness and accuracy of customs entries and releases
• Support Global Director in conducting yearly training sessions with pertaining to current regulatory practices
• Work with Compliance Director to audit Global external customs brokers and freight forwarders documentation
• Assist Compliance Director in developing, implementing and maintaining procedures and controls to ensure company-wide compliance with Global Trade compliance programs
• Manage record keeping requirements to meet Global Importer of Record regulatory needs
• Audit Customs entries to ensure accurate declaration of value, HTS classification and tariff treatment and communicate adjustments to Customs Broker
• Develop and coordinate internal compliance training, as required
• Create/update Standard Operating Procedures for Customs operations
• Develop Shipping compliance Procedures for International Purchases
• Develop and monitor control systems to prevent or deal with violations and liaise with relevant departments and stakeholders (i.e. Logistics, Planning, Supply Chain, Finance, and PM etc.) regarding pertinent compliance issues and opportunities
• Process and resolve customs clearance related inquiries from customs brokers and internal business partners to ensure supply chain continuity
• Stay up to-date with customs and other government agencies’ regulations (through attending local seminars and reviewing trade publications)
• Demonstrate an understanding of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), U.K. Anti-Bribery Act (UKBA), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) provisions
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience with in-bond regulatory compliance, opening and closing in-bonds
• Customs broker license
• Experience in developing and auditing compliance programs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree relevant to the field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of customs brokerage experience.
• 5+ years of experience in International Logistics Compliance