Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Inter-American Development Bank
Occupational Category: 15-1199.09,Information Technology Project Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
IT Project Management Consultant
Background: We are looking for a project manager to join the ITE/ITO PC Replacement Team to implement the third corporate PC replacement with high level coordination within ITE and all IADB departments.
The Team’s mission: We are responsible for the implementation of new computers with a reliable factory integrated image.
What you will do: As a member of the IT Project Management team, you will:
• Oversee the completion of the project
• Serve as project administrator and facilitator including management of project activities, analysis of vendor documents, vendor interfacing, and supporting the technical team with the interfacing of the project.
• Ensure that projected funds are disbursed properly
• Ensure that expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans.
• Ensure that financial expenditures are transparent and compliant with IADB policies
• Maintain accounting records and supporting documents and prepare financial reports
What you will need:
Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Education: You hold a master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering Management or related fields
Experience: at least 5 years of extensive experience in project management, planning and implementation; preferably post-graduate degree/
• ITIL Foundation certification preferable
• Proven ability to coordinate activities with multiple vendors simultaneously
• Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills
• Substantial experience in cross cultural and disciplinary teams or technical experts Languages: You are proficient in English and Spanish
• Type of contract: CNS
• Length of Contract: 24 months
• Starting date: April 1, 2020
• Location: Washington, D.C.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications