Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Valiant Solutions
Occupational Category: 15-1142.00,Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Valiant Solutions is seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in Washington DC.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Engineering, and Federal GRC. You'll find Valiant to be a supportive company that will back you with training and certifications, and you'll find plenty of challenges with our forward-looking client. Valiant Solutions is a rapidly growing small business that cares about its employees- we've been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area FIVE years in a row! A highlight of our benefits is included below the job description.
Salary will be based on education and experience. All candidates must be authorizaed to work in the United States with the ability to favorably pass a federal background investigation.
• 3+ years of technical implementation and administration with specific skills in networking (wired and wireless)
• Experience with cabling, configuration, and installation of network hardware, (e.g., servers, printers, software) and maintaining network devices such as routers, switches, wireless controllers/access points, servers, and firewalls
• Knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnels
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new security capabilities into an existing multi-site environment
• Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting a network using the appropriate management tools and adjustment of network parameters as required to ensure optimal network performance
• Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing the network and interfaces to ensure network security is maintained according to Agency requirements and standards
• Responsible for administration of network technologies including providing Tier 3 support to Tiers 1 and 2 for technical issues and working with IT vendors to resolve hardware/software issues
• Responsible for coordinating with other team members such as Operations and Maintenance contractor staff and end-users to complete work
• Experience providing network engineering support, including planning, implementing, and operations and management of a variety of network systems including Cisco firewall, routers, switches, wireless local-area network (WLAN) controllers, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for a fast-paced and innovative Federal government client team
• Performed communication hardware and software evaluations
• Performed network maintenance, patches, upgrades, configuration changes and related tasks and coordinates activities with other network staff and end-users
• Hands-on experience developing or implementing a system from scratch or a major system modernization/migration/upgrade
• Strong oral and written communications including the ability to articulately, clearly, and concisely explain complicated technical concepts